20080810

Louder than Louder Than Bombs

Although I've known about this for a bit but Slumberland Records  is rocking pop kids faces off. 
Three of my favorite NYC bands (well in general) are releasing music via Slumberland.
1. caUSE co-MOTION! - a 7" and a 14 song cd compilation of all 4 of their singles plus one from a split (sadly I only have 3 of their singles and no split).
2. Crystal Stilts - Their debut Alight of Night out in October!
3.  The Pains of Being Pure at Heart- Everything With You 7" also out in October!!!!

Jeeze, I just might not leave my room forever now.  Not to mention about two months ago I got Searching For The Now 3 and 4 and wow, those singles got me dancing and jumping in my room whenever I put them on.
Number 3 has A Sunny Day In Glasgow (which is so dreamy-I need more of them in my life) and The Sunny Street (which I need to get their new single from Cloudberry).
Number 4 has POBPAH (Come Saturday is so loud!-which means you should listen to it louder) and Summer Cats...wait now that I think about it I discovered both bands via Cloudberry. Roque is the head commander of pop now.
I can't wait for the rest of the Searching For The Now to come out (Ladybug Transistor, Pants Yell!, Pipas, In Interview, The Faintest Idea, etc.) I'm telling you-if you start seeing pop kids with no faces, it's because they've been listening to too much Slumberland releases (wait a minute that sounds like a good lyric to a Tullycraft song).

Aside from Slumberland--almost a week until Stereolab's Chemical Chords comes out, then Yo La Tengo (Yaaaaay just mentioning them makes me happy) will finally be releasing a compilation of music they've made for films called They Shoot, We Score (bah la da la da, bah da la da!) in September. Then in October (again) both The Sea and Cake and Deerhoof will be releasing their newest albums. Holy fuck October is going to be the best month ever known to me.

Pop perfection! 

No comments: