20080814

I just had broken heart surgery (love won't surpass me again)


Excitement oozed out of my face when I found out about a website-CASSETTE FROM MY EX.
People can post stories about their old love and their mix tape. I thought "hey I can probably make a powerful mix and make up a heart wrenching story." Finally I get to be the mixtapee! Obviously this tape would be awesome because it would be filled with songs I wished someone put on a tape for me. I should work on this weekend and post it on the site. I want people to read my story and cry out of what is tragic (which is music about love maaan.) 
If you want something, you got to do it yourself. I'll show people how to make a real fuckin' tape.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

From an audio standpoint, nothing beats vinyl. It's the cracking and hissing that you hear in the few seconds of dead air after you've set the needle down but before the first track kicks in. It's irresistible.

From a convenience standpoint, nothing beats compact discs and MP3's. Being able to skip songs that suck is always nice, and so is carrying around your entire music collection in your front pocket.

But from an aesthetic standpoint, nothing will ever beat the cassette tape. The two spools (and the little "teeth" inside the spools) on both sides, the window in the middle that lets you watch the tape run out, the masking tape with personalized title written in sharpie marker across the top. Everything about it just LOOKS charming.