20080817

I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag, but that's in Ohio.

Starting this Sunday I'll be posting a youtube video that is considered to be a classic (in my eyes).
There's no need for a reasoning why it's my favorite, but I might add a side note.

Sunday's Favorite Selection #1:



Side note: The song that is playing in the background on this scene is one of three songs that typically get stuck in my head while test taking.
The other two:
1. Theme song to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (especially the raging guitar)
2. Theme song to Super Mario Brothers (this video is a beatboxing flute interpretation) 

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Haha.

I had a manager who used to randomly bust out Lamar's verse -- "Clap your hands everybody, and everybody clap your hands..." -- for all of our amusement. He was a good boss. lol

And what I never understood was, why wasn't Gilbert in the sequel, "Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise"? In the storyline, he broke his leg or something and that's why he wasn't able to go on the trip with them. But then he actually shows up in a few cameos during the movie, like in a dream sequence. What's the dealy? I can't imagine that he wasn't able available for the entire movie due to previous engagements, because come on, what other previous engagements could he possibly have had?

I love the "main" Super Mario theme, but as a kid, I always got scared whenever I heard the much more ominous "castle/Bowser" theme (this kicks in at about the 1:39 mark of the video). This would fill me with dread because it meant it was that time of the level where I'd have to really rely on my dexterity skills. Jumping over lava pits and fireballs was hard to do when you were afraid and had sweaty palms.