20080609

LADIES IT IS NOT A GAME

Oh Ego Trip. Your Big Book of Racism is my bible, your show The White Rapper Show made me giggles a ton ("King of the burbs!") and all those specials about race on VH1 made my heart thump like crazy. And still I didn't give you a chance with Miss Rap Supreme. I'm not sure why it took me until yesterday to watch Miss Rap Supreme with tonight being its finale. Forgive me. I didn't know that Khia was a contestant! That's enough for me to watch any show. Oh the days when my friends would rap all the lyrics to My Neck, My Back (Lick It) ... which was just last year in my sculpture class.

Point is this show-or at least the last 2 episodes made me note that it is a gem. The last 2 contestants Rece Steele and Byata had me jumping off the couch with excitement (who said viewers aren't active audiences?!) Though my favorite didn't win (Byata) I thought Rece Steele was ill-even though when she rhymes she looks hiiiigh. Byata was my favorite just because I think if I still lived in New York I would be a lot like her. Plus she reminds me of Marion Cotillard.



MC Search was sporting a t-shirt that read : Rapping is the only element of Hip Hop
Oh snap! I think I should make a shirt responding to that. Identity is the element that makes Hip Hop. 

Well, hands down the best lyric of the night:
I eat both ya'll bitches for motherfucking breakfast!

Mmmmm I think I know what I'm going to eat for breakfast, but only if it gets me to spit like that.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Don't forget Ego Trip's Big Book of Rap lists, which I seem to have misplaced. Oh well.

From what I saw, I was diggin Lady Twist a bunch. Byata was my other fav too. Hip-hop died in '91 anyway.

Angelica said...

I have yet to check out that Big Book of Rap Lists. I must though.

I think '96 was a pretty good year for hip hop.