20080605

Babies are the new black

I would totally get this album just for its cover:

The truth is that judging a book (album) by its cover can tell you all. It's called design and concept. Lil Wayne is on to something. He's telling us that he's the same lil fellow since back in the days when he used to kill people (the tears!) though I'm skeptic when it comes to identity. I once wrote a paper denying that there is a such thing as identity in my Reason and Value course (and got 100%). I typed that while wearing hoop earrings with my name on it.  
Interesting enough the core of hip hop is identity. I think they should add that to the five elements of hip hop.  I got those earrings because since I was a kid I wanted them. To me they represented a culture (urban/hip hop) that I felt I needed to be a part of (I had the urban down). 
But back to babies: It's just another way of saying "I keep it real"
Right Biggie and Nas?





No comments: