20080614

Future me

On the subway to day 2 of NYC Popfest I ran into future me. The second she came in I knew this lady is me in the future but now. I had the feeling she just left her job at the gallery or museum or curating a show. She had those Roberta Smith glasses that I want to get. These glasses scream don't fuck with me, I know art glasses. I'm a classy lady and I will break you. I figured if I get these glasses I will become that. 

Well future me looked at me (perhaps she realized I was past her) and stood next to me. She had a section of a newspaper and I was hoping it was the New York Times' Weekend Arts. The lady next to me left and future me sat next to me. She opened up her New York Times' Weekend Arts section (yes!) and I stared at future me. I was excited. My future is looking pretty bright.

While staring at her I realized how much she looks like this librarian at FAU, just with a new cool hair cut and hardcore glasses. I wondered if she was this librarian. Perhaps she was that librarian and thats why she kept looking at me. Or it was her sister but most likely she knew it was her (me) in the past (now). 

And now while I look at this photograph of Roberta Smith (New York Times art critic) I wonder if it was her! I doubt she remembers me from the lectures she gave in FAU 2 years ago, but if she did that would be pretty sweet. Point is I need to get these glasses in order to become future self.

Aside from that posts of You Don't Mess With the Zohan and a full report of Popfest (Tullycraft!!!) in a few days.

No comments: