20090122

We care about Obama & iPods

I was not shocked that Kanye said this. He's probably going to get a lot of crap for comparing Obama's elected presidency to iPods, but like all Kanye's ridiculous sayings-he has some truth to it. Aaron wrote a comment a few posts ago on how Pepsi's new design looks like Obama's logo. I thought for a while about Obama's "logo". I've only been alive for 23 years so I can only recall a few president elections and I don't think any presidential candidate had an impacting logo. Slogans yes, but logos? Perhaps it's something that pops out, because I'm interested in this stuff now. The blue O with red stripes.


What a genius idea-maketing! Heck you can even go to www.logobama.com and create your own Obama logo. And what about that oh so famous Obama Change image? Completely literally changing how an amazing marketing tool can help out a presidency.

This is a historic presidential election yes, but I don't think I've ever seen so many Obama shirts being sold on my way to Philadelphia Museum of Art one afternoon. I remember when iPod first came out and even its ads on magazines, but it wasn't until that famous shadow dancing in front of a bright color backdrop that made iPods as iconic as it is now. Kanye, as silly as you are, you are always onto something.

1 comment:

misael soto said...

You, giving Kanye props? I can't believe it. You're definitely on to something though.