20090111

Design taking over

Google has a new favicon. I'm very lukewarm about it. The colors remind me of a multi-cultural design which I like, but I think it's too much.

Tropicana Orange Juice has a new design as well, which I like a lot more. Simple, clean very "now" which I dig. It's to the point too. Orange juice. That's all, but the 100% orange pure & natural is a bit silly, because well duh but yum! Though I do have to say it does remind me of a store brand-example Target's brand. It has a cheap and healthy design to it.

Now I wonder who's next in redesigning...

2 comments:

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...

"Favicon." I've learned a new word today. It never occurred to me that they have a name. lol

I like the new design. It's vibrant and dynamic. It packs a lot of punch. I remember immediately noticing it on my screen when they first changed it, which I guess is a good sign.

And I like the Tropicana redesign too, especially the curvature of the orange juice glass. The whole effect is very...progressive. Yeah, I think that's the best possible way to put it.

And I don't know if it's just the angle of the picture, but did they make the twist-off cap DOME shaped? If so, that's awesome! I'm getting some groceries later tonight, so I'm gonna check it out and make sure.