20090117

Rebrand everything

Literally right after I posted about the new design for Tropicana, I opened my refridgerator to see a new design for Sierra Mist which also means Pepsi has a new design. Makes senses seeing that Tropicana is also under PepsiCo.

Once again a very clean, simple design. The tree for Sierra Mist made me giggle, but I think it works well. The font for Mist looks like it's misting away the product-clever PepsiCo. 

I've become quite obsessed with design and layout. I have to accredit my awesome friend Monica for making me like this and also working at the University Galleries. Which brings me to the  conversation we had last night. Grad school, and moving away from Florida. I told her about SVA's new program Design Criticism and how I keep thinking about applying to that Master program. Frankly I don't have the money for it-so it's a thought for the future. It's also a bit scary because it's a new program, and no other school that I know of actually has a program similar to this. 

The nice thing about the conversation-none of my friends actually knows what they want out of their life. Everything is open ended, which makes me feel a bit relax that I am not going crazy.

Now if only America can start working on their own design...(infrastructure anyone?)

1 comment:

Aaron said...

The new design immediately makes me think of the Obama logo. From what I could tell, Pepsi stands for Hope and Coca-Cola doesn't like black people. lol