20090104

2012: Total eclipse of the heart

Armageddon Week on History channel! I was excited but after 20 minutes of watching Nostradamus: 2012 I started playing some vinyls and singing very loud. Pretty much this 2 hour special, which is still playing is repeating everything that was said in the first 20 minutes. Images of chaos is taking over, Nostradamus "look a like" blah blah blah. Maybe I'm a bit old school, but I want to hear/see interviews not this over the top graphics of the end of time. 

I found myself being obsessed with 2012 a few months ago. About a year a friend became wildly obsessed with 2012, kept talking about the end of time, but I didn't care. It wasn't until another friend found out how about this obsession of 2012 at my job. She actually went into depth what 2012 means (in the Mayan calendar sense) and I of course became fascinated. A few months after that we talked about it again and this time a new light came to me. It was more of a personal conversation and wondering of a global change.

I'm not sure why Nostradamus is all up on this 2012 special when it really should be about the Mayans, but I guess for viewership throwing in Nostradamus is a good marketing tool.  The next 4 years should be very interesting. 

No comments: