20081012

The way that I feel when you cry is so bad

While on train yesterday I overheard this woman on the phone talking about how she wants to see her child (I guess she wasn't allowed to see her child). Then I heard her trying to cry in silence, but in a close proximity you can her weeping. Although I couldn't see her, her friend was sitting next to her just staring her. This older lady came by after a bit of the woman crying and stared to talk to her-giving her old lady wisdom. 

For some reason the sight of a woman crying breaks me. I'm not sure if every woman experiences this, but it's something that transform my own identity. It's one of the few moments for me that I completely can relate. When I see and listen (not hear) a woman cry-I automatically start crying. I see myself in her. All her emotions I feel. I have this weird aesthetic experience whenever I see Claire Danes on screen crying. She's one of the few actresses that when she cries you can see every pain in her face. Call it uglyface, but it's beautiful and hurtful. Reverting back to non verbal communication is the most honest someone could be with you, unless well you're acting. But it's one of the few times when there's no failed communication. You get it.

For that older lady on the train she told the crying woman that it's not always like this. She said sweet little encouragements to cheer her up. That made me smile.

 

No comments: