20081019

Viviendo en la era Pop!

Sunday's Favorite Selection #10:

Beginning side note: Sadly the actual video I wanted to put up has no embedding code. If you care to actually watch what I wanted to put up please do watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbF1phW2xLI
The reason why I'm putting this video up is because it's the same song (but doesn't sound as lushly good another version) and this video has Pedro Almodovar (era 1980s) singing and dancing along in some sort of drugged state.



End side note: Roque who told me about Zombies sometime last year and who hooked with me with other like minded awesomeness Spanish pop bands from the 80s was singing a song yesterday-one I know too well and too little. A very rare song called Red Go-Cart was in a mixtape my sister's friend made for her back in 1996. My sister's friend wrote that it was by Bunnygrunt but a few years ago when I discovered this tape I failed to find out what release it was from. This happened for a few reasons:
1. This was back when Bunnygrunt wasn't together, and there was little information on them-except that they were once called "The World's Cutest Band".
2. That song wasn't by Bunnygrunt.
3. My sister's friend knew little of Bunnygrunt (even at the time when they were first together) because in another mixtape for my sister she wrote that a song was called "Refrigerator". That ended up being a big mystery for me because I loved that song (still do) and while looking for the song titles in all their LPs-none were called Refrigerator. 

Which leads me back to Roque, because back at that time (Red Go-Cart and Bunnygrunt era) I didn't know him, but he was my neighbor once on last.fm. I saw him listening to a song called Favorite Food by Bunnygrunt (which favorite food was a part the lyrics of "Refrigerator"). I sent him a message asking him if he knew what release it was in and he told me. Two years later I finally got that 7". Probably one of my favorite 7". 
Anyways yesterday there he is singing another mystery for me-that amazing Red Go-Cart song.

I love a good mystery song but finding out who actually wrote it is the best feeling ever. Now if I can only find out who the heck sings that beautiful Angels, etc song. 

EDIT: The Red Go-Cart song is actually called Little Red Go-Cart and it's by Throw That Beat In The Garbagecan

2 comments:

Sean said...

There was a band from Japan called Red Go-Cart. They put out a cassette on Clover Records in the 90's. Could this be it?

Angelica said...

No, I sadly already forgot what the band was called, but I do know it was a German band.