20081015

I need to investigate the essence of each being

Film news:

Yesterday my friend was telling me that Jean Claude Van Damme has a new movie coming out. I blinked, but she continued to tell me that it actually looks good. I blinked twice. She showed me the trailer and I'm a believer. JCVD looks like Jean Claude starring in Dog Day Afternoon but less ATTICA! and more funny without being campy.


Aside from it's limited showing starting November 7th (which I doubt will be shown in South Florida)  Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival starts this weeks! Something worth doing in South Florida-finally! Sadly, this will be the first time going to FLIFF without my sister! Bummer. 
Though here's my youtube list of what I want to see:

Happy-Go-Lucky

Slowly I am trying to write down every female character I can relate to in a film. Hopefully this character can be added? So far I got:
Monica Vitti's character in L'Eclisse
Thora Birch's character in Ghost World
Audrey Tautou's character in Amelie
Miranda July's character in Me and You and Everyone We Know
Every female character in Pedro Almodovar's films
And a little bit of Shannyn Sossamon's character in Wristcutters: A Love Story and Parker Posey's character in Party Girl

Pussyfoot-Embedding code was disabled, but the title Pussyfoot should give anyone a reason to watch it.

Synecdoche, New York

Charlie Kaufman. That's all I have to say.


Music news:

Yo La Tengo are having their 8 days of Hanukkah at Maxwell's, but they are playing with THE FEELIES and VIVIAN GIRLS on New Year's Eve. Did I metion YO LA TENGO are also playing. Of all places New Jersey. What a girl to do?


what a girl to do?

No comments: