20081007

How to be socially knowledgeable

The best thing next to wikipedia is wikiHow. There's something so interesting about people taking the time to write or edit information. What's real? Who cares. Everything is this world is pretty much a lie. Information gets lost through miscommunication anyways so why is it frown upon when I use the best thing in the internet?

Back to wikiHow. I stumble upon it a few months ago and was giggling to myself on all the silly how-to whatever. It started with How To Be A Pop Kid. I laughed it off but it's so true. Step number 12 states: Try to persuade countless friends to listen to pop with mixtapes. (or CDs if you're digitally inclined) Be crushed when they don't listen to them. Oh how I've fallen into that mistake plenty of times. A tip: A lot of your indiepop days might be kind of lonely, so fill them with other hobbies besides zinemaking and band-doing! Examples include trainspotting, shoegazing, knitting, looking at bridges, trying to draw the Sarah Records or K Records logo JUST RIGHT, daydreaming, mixtaping, taking long walks while listening to the Field Mice, and arts and crafts.  And of course I need a lot of money to buy records. 

Here's a list of other gigglefest of wikiHow (that relates to me-duh)
How To Hug

My favorite thing along side from the wikis is when you're having a conversation with someone (example: about a band) and they totally start vomiting information you read from the band's wikipedia. Yeah.

No comments: