20090214

News worth obsessing over

Aside from Madoff and the constant up to date report on the Rose Museum at Brandis University, I've found other news report to obsess over.

1. 
The Sun reports on a 13 year old boy and his 15 year old mum girlfriend having a child. So no that photo isn't a photo of a 20 something mum and her 8 year old son and her new baby. I don't even what to think further than this photo because it's the biggest WTF moment I had yesterday.


2.
The New York Times reports on the Artist Shepard Fairey (you know the OBEY dude) files a lawsuit against the AP. The AP is saying that it owns this image of his work of Obama and the word Hope underneath. Fairey had used the photo taken for the AP as template for his work. The LOL part of this story is that the freelance photographer who took this photo Mannie Garica says he owns the photo not the AP and he's happy that the photo he took was the source of this now infamous image of Obama. I just find it a little odd that there's a dispute over an image of Obama and who owns it. I thought Obama owns his own image, right?


3.
If you even a little bit of tv you've most likely have seen a commercial to Heat Surge Roll-n-Glow Fireplace. Once again The New York Times has an interesting article on it. When my brother and I first saw the commercial we were a bit confused so we pressed rewind to better understand how the Amish made this. If you're still confused read the article.


4.  There are few viral videos I'm obsessing over, but I'll post the ultimate for tomorrow's favorite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not HIS 15 year old mum... the baby's mum. Still crazy, but WAAAAAAAY less crazy then you're making it sound.

Sue Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Stevens said...

that fireplace is actually a tv stand.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-33590676150416_2043_100965039