20081126

Most likely-I hate you.


A thought always arises whenever I'm at the mall-I really hate people. Yesterday though it hit me that I actually hate consumerism not just the mall. My thoughts on hating people never comes up whenever I'm in a crowded train, or a packed show. I love being in crowds of people but the second I go to buy something I see how people can not act whenever they are buying. It really frustrates me to witness the true nature of people-they are horrible when they shop.

I think this is also the reason why I opted out on going to fashion school, and why I can really care less about fashion now. I feel so deceived by it. Shopping is hell for me because I never feel comfortable and I get irked so easily. And forget it I get so down when I look at the tag to see where it was made. 

Going to the mall is a joke to me. A joke to see a juxtaposed of silliness. Example: Let's say there's a mall in the middle of a rich neighborhood and working class neighborhood. The working class try so hard to look money it's so sad.  Why spend your money on that?

Though aside from food the only thing I don't mind spending money on is music. Local record stores of course because I really hate myself and other people when I go to Best Buy. I tend not to be so judgemental when I'm at a local record store. That is whenever I'm at FYE or whatever I start going on the bad taste people have. I know people have potential to be amazing (and have great taste of music) but this is can't be good. 

Now what to do? I've always felt the best stuff (music, art, films) always come from people who go against "the cool" but now "the cool" is a look you can get from your iphone and later as your default picture on myspace. Oh the sadness I feel. I do believe we have it in us to save our culture (and not the consumerism culture) but what is it going to take? A lot of people don't care anymore and it's difficult to start a movement if people don't care. Something big, really big has to happen to make a change. I want to say I'm waiting, but I'm tired of doing so. Sooo tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It really frustrates me to witness the true nature of people"
me too.