20081124

I'll tumblr for ya.

Marry me. I've been using tumblr for almost a week now, and I'm in love. It's simplicity and minimalist design should be praise. It's like the Mac for blogging. Perfect for just that one photo, song, or quote you want to post. Nothing more. Heck your grandma could probably help you with post your tumbling. 

With it's minimalist qualities it actually does a lot more that blogger. You can reblog, tell the people you're following that you loved their post, and as well you can find other tumblrs in your area using Google maps. I know following is just new here in blogger, but it's doesn't do much except it's in your dashboard and in Google Reader. Tumblr does not have a comments feature, but you can get it through disque. What's the point though? You can click the heart of the post and that's all you need to know. Tumblr should stick with its short posting no comments. Plus if you want to comment on it you can always reblog and write in your thoughts.

My only issue is more of a cultural issue. We're become more and more of a visual society and rather to discuss lengthy topics it's shorten to a post of a picture. Though at the same time Tumblr has this existentialist quality to it. Not sure how to explain, but I'll get back to it one of these days.

I do have to say this tumblr makes me so hungry:

No comments: