20080703

3 things about America's Best Dance Crew

When America's Best Dance Crew Season 2: Live Auction first aired I almost made a post about it. It's better to wait I thought until there's someone I love or hate. When it's weird because I love all the crews this season, but I'm extremely annoyed with someone with a passion. Which leads to me my number one. 

1.Lil Mama. I get really antsy and mad whenever she starts talking-or whatever it is she does, because she really isn't saying anything. It's just mere sounds like kiltit (killed it) or turteditup (turn it up). I thought of making a dictionary for newbies to the show-with an in depth analysis of the conglomerating of words Lil Mama makes up. Seriously-who gave her a mic? 

2. The camera work-I slightly like it. I know a few people who hate it, but if I wanted to see a standard long shot I'll watch a cheerleading competition. It's playful and it's also "dancing". Plus all those multiple shots makes the dance routine way better. And sometimes (if you've watching a repeat) I like counting how many different shots are in one 30 second dance. Try it out!

3. Crushes are lovely! I don't know all the names but for example the dude from SoReal Cru whose jaw is too small for his face-Total crush.
But the ultimate crush-
 

Super Cr3w! For one thing I turn into a schoolgirl when I see them, and the other well they are all good looking guys and they are amazing b-boys. 

I really enjoy a lot of the crews this season and so far I can't pick a favorite to win but it will be fun to watch.
And why don't I know how to dance like this? 
New goal in life-be in America's Best Dance Crew.


1 comment:

Aaron said...

I think it's still too early in the season to pledge my allegiance to one single group (they're all so good!) but I think my early favorite is Boogie Bots. Their moves are so sick.

And as much as I appreciate Fanny Pak's individuality and eccentricity, I just don't think they're urban enough, fly enough, for this specific medium. They don't have the exact right vibe. When I watch this show, I don't think I'm looking for artsy hipsters with penchants for theatrical flamboyance...I want some unapologetic flat brim hat-wearing, cardboard box-break dancing, graffiti-tagging B-Boys. Basically, I just want more straightforward hip hop.

What's the deal with that backstage co-host they have? How'd she get that job? I guess she's nice to look at, but she (and that accent of hers) seems totally out of place on this show.

I spend a lot of time wishing I could dance like that too, but just as much as the actual dancing, I put a lot of thought into what I would WEAR if I ever competed on this show: baseball cap, slightly askew; thick gold rope chain; Cross Colors t-shirt; G-shock watch; Nike Dunk high-tops; jeans somewhere between fitted and full-on sag. No shutter Kanye West sunglasses, though. I think that would be too self-aware. I think that would look like I was trying too hard.

And let it be known that 'Lil Mama is one of my favorite parts of the show. With her raspy and throaty voice, I seriously wanna have phone sex with her. I get excited everytime she says "You've got hahdah" (harder). haha