20090907

Today is the day I think of you

There's a certain musical excitement I haven't felt in awhile. Yo La Tengo holds a dear place in my heart. Their music doesn't remind of one person, but everyone I know. Although they are my favorite band, I was not looking forward to the "Buy Early Get Now " pre-order of their new album Popular Songs. All I really want is just the album (okay I also want the original score to Adventureland by YLT on vinyl) I don't need an mp3 code for the album, a poster (I have quite a few YLT posters) or an early listen to the album. I know what I'm gonna get from a Yo La Tengo. They've been together for 25 years and have managed to create strong releases. 

I miss the excitement of an album release. The internet has spoiled us with leaked albums and killing excitement. Tomorrow will be the day -- although I have my 9 hour work day tomorrow and will not have the time to get Popular Songs at the record store, I have trusted person on getting me the best gift.

The "quintessential critics band" will never fail in my eyes. Album sales maybe down, and digital sales might be up but Yo La Tengo fans have always remain true to the band.  

No comments: