20090909

Next new indie hit: Phillip Garrido

As always, it seems I write too much about waking up to the Today show. I was struggling to fully wake up when I heard that Phillip Garrido recorded music back in the late 70s or early 80s. From the little clip I heard it actually sound decent. The lo-fi quality and its quite psychedelic feel made think about other musicians who suffered from a mental illness -- Brian Wilson, Daniel Johnston et cetera are deemed as a genius. 
News reports have addressed the ominous lyrics:

“For every little girl in the world, they want to be in love, you’re just the same, go play a game, just tell me that you want me, c’mon babe, I’m just insane, I’m crying out to you.”

Words like "babe" and "girl" have always been a part of pop music. Should we be worrying about every lyric that is written now? 

I'm in no way supporting what Phillip Garrido has done, but heck that music is okay. I'm sure his music can easily be featured in a psych/garage compilations like Nuggets or Pebbles. So here's your new indie blog hit sensation:

No comments: