20081210

Hey hippie, just wanna get few things straight


After a long wait Langerado finally posted the initial lineup for the 2009 festival set in Miami yesterday. It looks like I'll be going again-after saying this year "I hate festivals, I hate hippies, I hate Langerado" which is the same thing I said the year before, but how can I turn away from Tortoise!? Maybe I can meet John McEntire and ask him questions about the production of Stereolab's Dots and Loops or when is The Sea and Cake are going to make my dreams come true and have a show down here or about his collection of analog synthesizers.

This year's lineup is a bit of a shocker if you're a langeradee and didn't not read that New Times or City Link article a few months ago about the change to Miami and how it's going to be mostly bands who haven't played at Langerado. This leaves out all those jam bands then? Well it happens to be more diverse (more diverse fans) and I think it's a good thing. Not because I'm not a fan of hippies or jam bands (mostly true) but because as a festival it should thrive to change and share music. I read awhile ago how Beat Happening opened up for Fugazi!

I'm planning to go one date only, so I'm hoping for Tortoise, King Khan and the Shrines, DeVotchKA and Tricky perform the same day. 

Here's the lineup so far:

Death Cab For Cutie • Snoop Dogg • Thievery Corporation (Live) • Slightly Stoopid • Ryan Adams and the Cardinals • Dashboard Confessional • The Pogues • Matisyahu • Flogging Molly • Michael Franti & Spearhead • Broken Social Scene • Cafe Tacuba • Umphrey's McGee • The Disco Biscuits • Robert Randolph & The Family Band • Pepper • The Faint • Cold War Kids • Steel Pulse • Public Enemy • Gym Class Heroes • Tricky • Girl Talk • Chromeo • Mute Math • Bad Brains • Ozomatli • Against Me! • George Clinton & Parliament / Funkadelic • Tortoise • DeVotchKa • Black Kids • Grupo Fantasma • Holy F*ck • Budos Band • Tokyo Police Club • Lotus • The Virgins • The Gaslight Anthem • King Khan and the Shrines • Lucero • Murs • Ra Ra Riot • Tortured Soul • Rebelution • K'Naan • The Egg • Zac Brown Band • Tigercity • The Aggrolites • Cloud Cult • Spam Allstars • Rachel Goodrich • Blue King Brown • The Heavy Pets • Awesome New Republic • The Postmarks • Suenalo Sound System • Live Painting by LEBO

No comments: