20080520

HACK THE PLANET!

This is just a reminder to all:
The movie Hackers rules, and it's like 5.6 million times better than Empire Records.
How can this be? I love my local record stores like any other music lover, but Empire Records
reeks of hacks (not hackers).
 
The year: 1995
The age: 10 years old

10 year old me was really impressed by Hackers. So much that til this day if I watch it I become my 10 year old self.
Now why is it better than Empire Records?
Simple, Jonny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie did a better job at being hackers, and I never once believed that any of the actors in Empire Records even like music.  I mean the damn soundtrack starts off with the Gin Blossoms. You know because when I think of my local record store, I think of the Gin Blossoms.

1995 wasn't necessary a great year of music (though the great Electr-O-Pura was released that year).  But as far as cult movies, Hackers is way cooler (though I have to say I really hate Empire Records so therefore it is not cool). Plus Hackers presents the youth culture as the one leading the way in technology, and against evil (Empire Records).  





A side note, compared to Showgirls that also came out in 1995 both Hackers and Empire Records lose as best cult movie released in 95. 

So I leave with this quote:
-"You're a fucking stripper, don't you get it?"
-"I'm a dancer!"

No comments: