20080530

Guedro


The 2008 Scripps National Spelling Bee finals was aired live today on ABC-prime time. A good yell of TGIF! Sameer Mishra won-the word being guedro. He beat this 12 year kid with a sweet moustache. Pretty impressive I might add. Sameer Mistra had the crowd (and myself) loling (or is it lolling?) He had the word numnah-which sounds like numbnut, and he one of those WTF look and asked numbnut? The crowd went lolfest.
Though I have to say I think the funniest part of the bee was this girl saying Nietzschean was a funny word. I thought what a funny man.

I wonder two things:
-Do you really need commenters? If it was in the Best In Show way then I vote yes.
-What ever happened to that other pronouncer guy from years ago? A little over weight guy with glasses and a bit crossed eyed? He was the reason I started watching the bee. He's the best thing about the bee.

I'll leave with a Jens Lekman lyric:
"In church on Sunday making out in front of your preacher,
you had a black shirt on with a big picture of Nietzsche"

No comments: