20080522

Dump the pump! Ride your local privatized public bus!

Something interesting happened to several Broward County Transit buses-their "new mini-buses" started making route some days ago. I just noticed this today. I was kind of bit lost why I was in a small bus. Then later in the day when I took the BCT back home this guy asked the bus driver why the mini bus. His answered: BCT privatized some of their buses. 

How do you privatized public transit?
The bus driver mentioned that BCT wants to save a buck, some mumbling I couldn't hear because AC in the mini bus was pretty loud then my stop came about. How I wished I could of heard more to this conversation and ask questions. I'm really bugged out by it. I love taking public transportation but when it actually is public. I'm also bugged out that the BCT website it does not mention this. All it mentions is that certain routes have "new mini buses." Fuck that shit, both times I waited for these new mini buses it was late as fuck. 

Say hello to capitalism in our public transit.

1 comment:

Ria said...

How many passengers can sit?