20090705

click click click

For the last few weeks, I been obsessed with the photo of Megan Fox denying the yellow flower from "Sweet Boy" at the London premier of Transformer : A waste of time, apparently.  I believe it's an iconic photograph, minus the fact that Megan Fox isn't that famous. She looks highly overwhelmed from all the people and the camera flashes; the 11 year boy aka "Sweet Boy" giving her a yellow flower-the symbol of our Western culture who embraces not that famous people (or better stated, people clocking their 15 minutes of fame).

It's so iconic that Kodak was offering $5,000 to the first person who can give reliable information on who this boy was. His facebook profile was found blah blah, the rest of the story isn't that interesting.

What is interesting is this photo. It's all real, but for some reason it seems so staged. I'm not doubting Sweet Boy's feeling/want/need to give Megan Fox that flower, and I'm not doubting the feeling of disarray in Megan Fox's face but all I can feel when I see this photo is that I'm being lied to. I'm still struggling to figure out why I feel this way. I know it has to do with the stature of celebrities and the reasons why we hold them with an importance.

No comments: